Fri 7th Dec at 6:30pm
@ The British Museum, London
Featuring: Yamagami Susumu
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Jomon-inspired Music: Yamagami Susumu
The J?mon, Japan’s oldest known culture, are the inspiration behind Yamagami Susumu’s ethereal music, which he performs on a shakuhachi (traditional Japanese flute) and a tsugaru shamisen (three-stringed instrument).
He will be joined by Professors Taniguchi Yasuhiro and David Hughes, experts on J?mon culture and traditional Japanese music.
The Asahi Shimbun Display Flame and water pots: prehistoric ceramic art from Japan will be open so you can explore the ceramic tradition of this ancient people.
This concert has been supported by Mr Yutaka and Mrs Noriko Ota.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The British Museum
Enquiries: 020 7323 8299
Disabled Bookings: 020 7323 8299
→ Euston (London) 16 min walk
→ Euston 16 min walk
→ St Pancras (London) 17 min walk
→ Russell Square 5 min walk
→ Holborn 6 min walk
→ Tottenham Court Rd 6 min walk