This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
See all dates for Massimo Bartolini
Massimo Bartolini (born 1962, Cecina, Italy) makes immersive, experiential, spatial work. Rather than put work in a space, he tends to make work out of the space itself, modifying it, sometimes subtly, sometimes with maximum impact, to produce sculpture which is activated (sometimes literally, always conceptually) as the viewer occupies it.
This exhibition, one of two complementary and overlapping exhibitions of Bartolini’s work (the second is at S.M.A.K, Stedelijk Museum voor Actuele Kunst, Ghent in April 2013), though relatively small in scale and of necessity not representative of every aspect of Bartolini’s work, admits us to the core of his practice, showing one recent large-scale work in the context of a selection of small objects from the artist’s studio, exhibited here for the first time.
Image © The Fruitmarket Gallery
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The Fruitmarket Gallery
Phone: 0131 225 2383
→ Waverley 2 min walk