This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Never miss another 'City Of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO)' show
Ballets Russes: City Of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO)
Paris, 1913: and a radical team of composers, artists and dancers ignites a revolution. Welcome to the fabulous world of the Ballets Russes, where Stravinsky paints Russian fairytales in rainbow colours, and Debussy sets a game of tennis to the music of seduction.
The inspirational Australian conductor Simone Young makes her Birmingham debut in this gorgeous programme, which begins with Mussorgsky’s serene Moscow dawn and features Birmingham favourite James Ehnes in the fire and ice of Sibelius’s popular Violin Concerto.
Founded in 1920, the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra has always had an illustrious career. In fact, the first concert was conducted by Sir Edward Elgar. The orchestra has grown into a 90-piece ensemble with a worldwide reputation.
City Of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO) tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
- 1 person currently tracks this event
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Symphony Hall
Enquiries: 0121 345 0600
Bookings: 0121 345 0602
Disabled Bookings: 0121 780 4949
Seating Plan: View the Seating Plan
→ New Street 10 min walk
→ Snow Hill 11 min walk
→ Corporation Street 12 min walk
→ Snow Hill 10 min walk
→ New Street 11 min walk
→ Five Ways 12 min walk