This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Never miss another 'Nottingham Youth Orchestra' show
Winter Concert: Nottingham Youth Orchestra
"NYO's Winter Concert begins with three excerpts from Berlioz's epic Damnation of Faust including the famous Rakoczy March. In his Variations on a Nursery Rhyme, which is effectively a Piano Concerto, Dohnanyi pokes fun at composers that audiences in 1914 would easily recognise - Johann Strauss, Wagner, Debussy and Tchaikovsky. The play L'Arlesienne, for which Bizet wrote the Incidental Music, is no longer performed but the music still delights audiences. We end our concert with Tchaikovsky's Marche Slave, written in support of the Serbian soldiers in their war with Turkey.
Call 07814 637 571 for tickets and further information."
Info provided by the Event Organiser
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Albert Hall
Phone: 0115 9500411
→ Nottingham 14 min walk