This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Festival Of Economics: The Future Of Capitalism
The panel will debate the nature of the economic system itself. Does the crisis reveal fundamental flaws in capitalist economies? Or is this just the end of the road for the 'neo-liberal' project that has been implemented in government policies on both sides of the Atlantic since the 1980s? How do politics and economics entwine to shape the nature of the economy?
Chair: David Smith, Economics Editor, Sunday Times
Larry Elliott, Economics Editor, Guardian; author of Going South: Why Britain Will Have a Third World Economy by 2014.
John Kay, founding Director of the Said Business School, Oxford University; writer, most recently Obliquity: Why Our Goals Are Best Achieved Indirectly
Rachel Lomax, Deputy Governor of the Bank of England 2003-2008
Daniel Stedman Jones, barrister, author of Masters of the Universe: Hayek, Friedman, and the Birth of Neoliberal Politics.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
→ Bedminster 17 min walk
→ Bristol Temple Meads 17 min walk