Sat 16th Mar at 7:30pm / Matinee 2:30pm
The Thrill Of Love
@ Stephen Joseph Theatre & McCarthy Cinema, Scarborough
Featuring: New Vic Theatre Company
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
See all dates for The Thrill Of Love
The Thrill Of Love: New Vic Theatre Company
Ruth Ellis was the last woman to hanged in Britain, convicted of the cold-blooded killing of her unfaithful lover.
This gripping new play by the author of the hugely popular Be My Baby takes a new look at the real woman behind the headlines and at the events that drive her to murder.
A divorcee with a young child to care for, Ruth works in the kind of nightclubs where there's more than just drink on offer. The girls work hard, play hard and dream of a movie-star life.
Then she meets the wealthy, womanising David, a racing driver with whom she becomes obsessed. Fame comes but not in the way she imagines.
Why does their relationship end in murder? When on trial Ruth pleads not guilty but offers no defence. Why does she show no remorse? And, just who is it she's trying to protect?
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Enquiries: 01723 370 540
Bookings: 01723 370 541
Disabled Bookings: 01723 370 541
→ Scarborough 2 min walk