Thu 14th Feb at 7:30pm - 9:30pm
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Never miss another 'Matthew Barley' show
The Sacred Cello: Matthew Barley
Britten - Suite no 3, op 87 and Suite no. 1, op 72
Tavener - Thrinos
Gavin Bryars - Laude Dolce
JS Bach - Suite no 2 in D minor
Colin Matthew - Palinode
Mark O'Connor - Appalachian Waltz
Barley - Improvisations with electronics
James MacMillan - New Commission
Dai Fujikura - New Commission (with electronics)
Few solo artists are as dynamic and creative with their art as Matthew Barley. Inspired by Benjamin Britten's centenary, The tour of "The Sacred Cello" has no less than 100 performances for the enjoyment of those who love Britten's music and to reach those who are new to his music."
Info provided by the Event Organiser
This cutting-edge cellist hops between musical genres, hemispheres and millennia with a repertoire that encompasses European Gregorian Chant, improvisations on Central Asian folk music, the Western classical tradition of four centuries - and more!
'Barley plays with the micro-instincts of a violinist, shading every phrase with the subtlest of nuances' (Sinfini Music).
Matthew Barley tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Bookings: 01524 594151