Sun 18th Nov at 4:00pm
@ Kenton Theatre, Henley-on-Thames
Featuring: Robert Powell
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Dickens' Villains: Robert Powell
Villains have always fascinated us. They are far more interesting than the heroes and it is their plotting and scheming that move the story along. Without them there would be no plot. Nobody knew this better than Charles Dickens, a born actor and lifelong man of the theatre.
Even though he was born 200 years ago, Dickens's work is timeless, resonating as much with modern readers as it did with the Victorians. His deftly drawn characters transcend language and culture, with his influence continuing to be felt throughout the world, inspiring film, television, stage, literature, art and academia. Dickens’ novels remain as fresh and alive today as when they were written and his villains continue to horrify and fascinate modern audiences.
In this one-man show, Robert Powell draws from the writings of Dickens and his biographers to bring to life the most interesting characters of all: the villains.
Image © Hattie Miles
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Kenton Theatre
Phone: 01491 575698
→ Henley-on-Thames 9 min walk