Sat 9th Feb at 10:00am - 5:45pm
@ V&A Museum Of Childhood, London
Also appearing: Ministry Of Stories
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Never miss another '26' show
See all dates for Modern British Childhood
Modern British Childhood: 26, Ministry Of Stories
Charting 64 tumultuous years in history, Modern British Childhood explores issues surrounding education, health, family, entertainment, fashion and play. From a pair of 1950s children’s NHS prescription glasses to the 2005 Teddyfone (designed for under 5s) the exhibition gathers together objects – exceptional or everyday, public or private – that dramatise the huge changes that have occurred in children’s lives. Clothing, toys, books and childcare items will be shown alongside TV and film footage and photography.
As part of the exhibition, poetry and prose by writers’ group 26 and Hoxton-based Ministry of Stories will also be shown, inspired by some of the objects on display.
A not-for-profit organisation dedicated to raising the profile of the written word.
26 tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: V&A Museum Of Childhood
→ Cambridge Heath 5 min walk
→ Bethnal Green 2 min walk