This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Never miss another 'Kathryn Williams' show
Kathryn Williams Presents The Pond: Kathryn Williams
The Pond is a 'democratic mud pit' in which Kathryn Williams has teamed up with fellow musicians, Simon Edwards and Ginny Clee for a pop project – more Gorillaz than Guthrie - that will take many by surprise.
For Kathryn it's a bold and exciting move: augmenting vintage beats, '60s pop, Eastern and Celtic flavoured loops - even a rapper – the songs range from sunny and laid back dispositions to ethereal to melancholy to the whimsical. Comparisons might be made to down-tempo artists like Lemon Jelly, Mint Royale and Bent, but the emphasis here is on songs and voices – the interaction between Kathryn and Ginny creating some stunning harmonies.
The band release their eponymous debut album on May 28th and follow up with a short Uk tour.
Kathryn Williams' artful and soulful compositions and sweet sound have got the critics falling over each other to heap praise on her. She is more than just a folk singer/songwriter, producing music that possesses great depth and multiple dimensions, and which addresses both the everyday and the surreal and abstract.
Kathryn Williams tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
- 1 person currently tracks this event
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The Glee Club Birmingham
Phone: 0871 472 0400
Disabled Bookings: 0121 693 2248
→ New Street 6 min walk
→ New Street 4 min walk