The Blues Band was formed in 1979 by Ex Manfred Mann members Paul Jones and Tom McGuinness. Slide guitar ace and vocalist Dave Kelly was then recruited, Gary Fletcher filled the bass post and Rob Townsend of Family fame replaced Hughie Flint in 1982 on the drums. They set out originally to play pub gigs of their beloved blues music. 17 or 18 albums later, they are still going strong. If you are expecting a set play list, there isn't one!
This is probably the most spontaneous live music gig you will see this year. Although there is a general order of who's singing lead, as he takes to the mic each group member calls out to the rest of the band whichever song springs to mind - keeping the guys on their toes and the audience in an eager state of anticipation!
See more info at thebluesband.net
Image © The Blues Band
12 The Blues Band Tour Dates
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: tour dates on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
- Tuesday 24th Apr: The Blues Band to appear at Chequer Mead Theatre, East Grinstead in May
- Thursday 12th Apr: The Blues Band to appear at The Harlington, Fleet in September
- Monday 9th Apr: The Blues Band to appear at The Arts at St George's, Beckenham in June
- Thursday 29th Mar: The Blues Band to appear at Kings Hall, Ilkley in September
- Monday 26th Mar: The Blues Band to appear at Picturedrome, Holmfirth in December
Fans who like 'The Blues Band' also like:
Do you represent The Blues Band, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page