This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Arcadian Thames Walk To White Lodge
Celebrate the Richmond borough Gardens Festival 2013 this summer by taking a guided walk to the Grade 1 listed White Lodge in Richmond Park, enjoying several beautiful Arcadian views along the way.
Beginning at Richmond Station, this classic walk will take you to Richmond Hill for the stunning panorama of the Thames. Continuing to Richmond Park you will reach King Henry’s Mound, the highest point in the Park, from which there is a protected view of St Paul’s Cathedral. Following a picnic lunch at Pembroke Lodge, you will take the tree lined Queen’s Ride to your destination of White Lodge. This ex royal hunting lodge dates from 1727 and is a fine example of English Palladian architecture. From the Salon balcony you can enjoy the final Arcadian view of the day, across to Pen Ponds. You will then have the opportunity to visit White Lodge Museum & Ballet Resource Centre, to learn more about the fascinating history of White Lodge, including the development of The Royal Ballet School, the Lower School of which has been based at White Lodge since 1955.
• Date: Saturday 8 June
• Time: 10.45am for 11.00am start
• Meeting place: Your professional Blue Badge Tourist Guide will meet you in Richmond Station ticket hall, by WH Smiths.
• Walk distance: approximately 3 miles/ 5 km, with stops
• Return journey: 3.00pm – a minibus will take you from White Lodge, back to Richmond Station.
• The walk will go ahead whatever the weather! Please dress appropriately for the day and wear footwear suitable for walking.
• Bring a picnic lunch. WCs will be available at Pembroke Lodge during the lunch stop, and at White Lodge at the end of the walk.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Venue: White Lodge