This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Joan Jonas: Draw Without Looking
Joan Jonas, one of the most significant artists in the history of video and performance art, opens the BMW Tate Live Performance Room 2013 series with a new work created especially for an online audience. BMW Tate Live Performance Room is a pioneering strand of live, online performances simultaneously seen by international audiences across world time zones at www.youtube.com/user/tate/tatelive.
Jonas’s new work for BMW Tate Live Performance Room will be unveiled live and online on 28 February. Jonas, using her own teaching notes as initial source material, has devised and recorded a set of instructions in the form of a poem. Both these prepared and improvised instructions – ‘draw for an audience’, ‘fold paper’, ‘make a mask’ and others – will be performed spontaneously by a group of Jonas’s art students in the Performance Room. They will have access to simple props – shapes, sticks, paper, woodblocks, bells, drawing materials – and perform against a backdrop of abstract video and music.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Wilkinson Gallery
Enquiries: 020 8980 2662
→ Cambridge Heath 5 min walk