This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
See all dates for Sacred Souvenir: Church Of The Holy Sepulchre
Sacred Souvenir: Church Of The Holy Sepulchre
A scale model made in Bethlehem in the late 1600s of the church in Jerusalem which is a special place of pilgrimage. Many Christians believe it to be the site of Jesus’ tomb.
This display focuses on a highly crafted scale model of the church made in Bethlehem in the late 1600s. It is made of wood and intricate mother-of-pearl inlay, and can be disassembled to reveal the different parts of the church within. Models like this were made and sold as souvenirs to visiting pilgrims and for export throughout Europe as reminders of the central event of the Christian faith – the death and resurrection of Christ.
In this unique display, discover how this exquisite model was made, the history of the iconic church, and the six ancient denominations that worship in it today.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The British Museum
Enquiries: 020 7323 8299
Disabled Bookings: 020 7323 8299
→ Euston (London) 16 min walk
→ Euston 16 min walk
→ St Pancras (London) 17 min walk
→ Russell Square 5 min walk
→ Holborn 6 min walk
→ Tottenham Court Rd 6 min walk