Thu 11th Apr at 6:00pm
Handel: Roman Connections
@ St Sepulchre-without-Newgate, London
Featuring: Albion Baroque
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Handel: Roman Connections: Albion Baroque
Albion Baroque returns with a programme of lively choral music featuring Handel's Dixit Dominus and Caldara's Missa Dolorosa.
The young Handel moved to Italy in 1707 to learn the art of Italian opera, and spent most of his time in Rome, where he also provided cantatas and other sacred works for the enjoyment of his patrons. In Rome, Handel was a guest at Francesco Maria Ruspoli's palace between 1707-9, time during which he was appointed "kapellmeister". Handel would be succeeded in this position by another great composer amongst his contemporaries, Antonio Caldara. Both Handel and Caldara later found fortune outside of Italy: Handel in London, and Caldara in Vienna, working for the Emperor Charles VI.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: St Sepulchre-without-Newgate
→ City Thameslink 2 min walk