This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
See all dates for Palaces
Do you believe in recycling yourself? This idea is explored by artist Gina Czarnecki, who is asking people to donate their milk teeth for Palaces – a unique art-science project that asks us to consider the potential of the parts of our body which are lost naturally during life.
The striking two metre high sculpture, which has been likened to a fairy grotto or the ‘”tooth fairy palace”, is constructed from clear crystal resin. The sculpture will feature milk teeth donated by the public from both the UK and around the world. The sculpture will grow over time as people continue to donate their teeth to the project. Palaces results from a collaboration between Czarnecki and stem cell biologist Sara Rankin. The project aims to raise real and relevant questions about the idea that adult stem cells can be extracted from milk teeth and may in future be used to repair damaged organs.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Science Museum
Enquiries: 0870 870 4868
Disabled Bookings: 020 7942 4000
→ South Kensington 6 min walk
→ Gloucester Rd 7 min walk