This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
The New Generation Poets
Exclusive Screening and Director's Introduction: The New Generation Poets.
A one-off chance to see this rare poetry edition of The South Bank Show from 1994, devoted to exploring 20 emerging poets of the day, including Simon Armitage, Moniza Alvi, John Burnside, Michael Donaghy, Carol Ann Duffy, Ian Duhig, Lavinia Greenlaw, Michael Hofmann, Mick Imlah, Kathleen Jamie, Jamie McKendrick, Glyn Maxwell, Don Paterson and Susan Wicks.
Fronted in classic South Bank Show style by Melvyn Bragg, the programme's many interviews and poems offer a fascinating insight into the moment when the poetry careers of many of today's most respected poets took off.
Susan Shaw, the director of the film, will be there to provide an introduction, sharing her experience of working with the poets and the making of the film.
Image © 1901 Arts Club
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: 1901 Arts Club
Enquiries: 0207 620 3055
→ Waterloo International 3 min walk
→ London Waterloo 3 min walk
→ Waterloo 3 min walk