This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
See all dates for HighTide Festival
HighTide Festival: My Name Is...
A powerful retelling of a fascinating human story, inspired by actual events.
When Gaby disappears from her home in Scotland, it is assumed that her Pakistani father, Farhan, has kidnapped her. It is the ‘silly season’ and the British Media is ever hungry for stories about the rise of Islamic fundamentalism. The spiralling headlines are momentarily silenced when it emerges that Gaby may have fled of her own accord, choosing to spend her life with her father in Pakistan. To her Scottish mother Suzy’s great distress, Gaby declares, ‘my name is Ghazala’ and turns her back on ‘Gaby’ and, seemingly, life in the West.
Thus began a tug of war as Farhan and Suzy fought for custody, with the World’s press having a ringside view…
Inspired by actual events in 2006 and informed by interviews in 2008, My Name Is… is a nuanced and complex love story about how personal relationships inadvertently reflect the changing relationships between communities, shaped by world events.
Suitable for all ages.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Rifle Hall
→ Halesworth 10 min walk