FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Rock & Pop
- Rock & Roll
- Dance & Urban
- Jazz & Blues
- Big Band
- Easy Listening
- Folk, Roots & World
- Theatre & Arts
- Shows & Events
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
Celebrating her 80th birthday in 2013, worldwide cultural icon Yoko Ono has been confirmed as the director of Southbank Centre's Meltdown Festival 2013.
Bringing a lifetime of achievement in music, visual art and peace activism to Southbank Centre, Yoko Ono's Meltdown (14 – 23 June 2013) will be led by the artist's dedication to environmentalism, feminism and peace.
For 20 years Meltdown has invited internationally renowned musicians to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences at Southbank Centre. Tasking artists to take over the 21-acre artistic site, Meltdown is renowned for unique events and artist led programming, from Jeff Buckley's final UK show to the New York Dolls reuniting, and the first solo performance in fifteen years from Cocteau Twins' Elizabeth Fraser.
Yoko Ono is no stranger to the festival, having performed as part of Ornette Coleman's Meltdown in 2009, and her return for the 2013 festival promises to have 10 days of not-to-be missed performances. The programme includes a performance of 'Double Fantasy', John Lennon and Yoko Ono's final album, performed live on Sunday 23rd.
See meltdown.southbankcentre.co.uk for further information.
Yoko Ono's Meltdown Dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
- 8 people currently track this event
We do not currently have any dates for Yoko Ono's Meltdown
Track Yoko Ono's Meltdown be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking Yoko Ono's Meltdown you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new Yoko Ono's Meltdown dates are announced.
You are signed up to Yoko Ono's Meltdown dates. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email before tickets go on sale
- 1,310,512 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else