FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
The Vale of Glamorgan Festival is a contemporary music festival based in and around the county of Vale of Glamorgan, Wales and held annually during September. The festival was founded in 1969 by Welsh composer John Metcalf, who is the Artistic Director to this day.
After initially being a generic classical music festival, the Vale of Glamorgan Festival re-defined its artistic vision in 1992 to become a "festival of living composers". Since then it has gained a reputation as one of the most adventurous and unique in Great Britain.
In recognition of this position, the Vale of Glamorgan Festival received the Prudential Award in 1994. The Festival’s Artistic Director received one of four inaugural Creative Wales Ambassador Awards from the Arts Council of Wales in 2009. The awards recognise artists’ achievements, their standing in the arts in Wales and their capacity to push the boundaries of their art as form and as a point of contact with contemporary Wales.
Vale Of Glamorgan Festival Dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
We do not currently have any dates for Vale Of Glamorgan Festival
Track Vale Of Glamorgan Festival be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking Vale Of Glamorgan Festival you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new Vale Of Glamorgan Festival dates are announced.
You are signed up to Vale Of Glamorgan Festival dates. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email before tickets go on sale
- 1,128,910 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else