Sorry - no tickets available
The Grand Duke : Christchurch Gilbert & Sullivan Society
Christchurch Gilbert & Sullivan Society follow up their success last year with The Mikado with The Grand Duke, the last of the famous Savoy Operas.
First performed in 1896, it is set in a middle European Grand Duchy. An old law banning duelling means that differences must be settled by cutting cards. Ludwig, a travelling actor, defeats Grand Duke Randolph and takes over the Grand Duchy. Soon, he is inundated with offers from prospective Duchesses!
The music is a particular delight, notably the famous Sausage Roll Song!
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Venue: Regent Centre
Phone: 01202 499 199
Disabled Bookings: 01202 499 199
→ Christchurch 9 min walk