Sorry - no tickets available
Doctors, Dissection And Resurrection Men
Explore the early 19th century history of human dissection and the trade in dead bodies through dramatic evidence unearthed during Museum of London Archaeology excavations at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel. From resurrection men and surgeon-anatomists to the East End patients whose remains were taken for medical research, you’ll follow the stories of those at the centre of a fierce debate to legalise the confiscation of ‘unclaimed’ bodies, giving the State the right to decide the fate of vulnerable individuals after death.
Admission charge applies.
Tickets on sale from June 2012.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
- 1 person currently tracks this event
Venue: Museum Of London
Enquiries: 0870 444 3852
→ Barbican 3 min walk