FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
The magnificent cross-shaped keep of Warkworth, crowning a hilltop rising steeply above the River Coquet, dominates one of the largest, strongest and most impressive fortresses in northern England. The castle's most famous owners were the Percy family, whose lion badge can be seen carved on many parts of their stronghold. Wielding almost kingly power in the north, their influence reached its apogee under the first Earl of Northumberland and his son Henry 'Harry Hotspur' Percy, hero of many Border ballads as the bane of Scots raiders and a dominant character in Shakespeare's Henry IV, Part I. Having helped to depose Richard II, these turbulent 'kingmakers' both fell victim to Henry IV: the next three Percy Earls likewise died violent deaths.
2 upcoming events at Warkworth Castle and Hermitage:
Track Warkworth Castle and Hermitage
- You are tracking Warkworth Castle and Hermitage
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Warkworth Castle and Hermitage
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,013,845 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
Venue: Warkworth Castle and Hermitage
NE65 0UJ 55.344959, -1.611673
Enquiries: 01665 711423
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Warkworth Castle and Hermitage? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Warkworth Castle and Hermitage, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page