- All Genres
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
One of Britain's best preserved abbeys, Kirkstall Abbey was founded in 1152 by a party of Cistercian monks from Fountains Abbey and was closed down in November 1539 in the Dissolution of religious houses ordered by Henry VIII. The monks were pensioned-off, the roofs stripped of lead and some buildings converted for agricultural use. Many famous artists such as JMW Turner, Thomas Girtin and Moses Griffith came to paint Kirkstall Abbey's picturesque ruins. Today large parts of the Abbey can still be seen and explored free of charge.
Kirkstall Abbey currently has no upcoming events
Track Kirkstall Abbey
- You are tracking Kirkstall Abbey
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Kirkstall Abbey
- 861,889 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- Alerts are free and always will be
- We never share details with 3rd parties
We do not currently have any events for Kirkstall Abbey
Track Kirkstall Abbey be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking Kirkstall Abbey you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new Kirkstall Abbey events are announced.
You are signed up to Kirkstall Abbey events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 861,889 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
Venue: Kirkstall Abbey
Abbey Walk, Kirkstall Road
LS5 3EH 53.823345, -1.611378
→ Headingley 16 min walk
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Kirkstall Abbey? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Kirkstall Abbey, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page