FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
The author of over thirty books, Jan Morris is perhaps best known for her brilliant travel writing, particularly her portraits of cities such as Oxford, Venice, New York and Sydney and her Pax Britannica trilogy about the decline of the British Empire. Described as the ‘Flaubert of the jet age’ by the late Alistair Cooke, Jan’s work has attracted widespread praise for its insight and intelligence. Born a man, Jan lived the first 46 years of her life as James Morris, marrying in 1949 and fathering five children. As a reporter for The Times, he made his name on the 1953 Everest trip, breaking the story, from Base Camp, that a British expedition had conquered the mountain, on the day before the Queen’s Coronation. In 1972 James completed sex change treatment undergoing surgery. The experience was recounted movingly in the book Conundrum. Today, Jan discusses her extraordinary life and career.
Listed on Ents24.com since: Mar 2007
1 Jan Morris Tour Date
Track Jan Morris
- You are tracking Jan Morris
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Receive email as soon as new tour dates are announced
- 973,532 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- Alerts are free and always will be!
- We never share details with 3rd parties
Filter By Region
Want a different location?
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you seen Jan Morris? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Jan Morris, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page