FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- All Events
- Gifts For Mums
- Gifts For Dads
- Gifts For Brothers
- Gifts For Sisters
- Gifts For Grandparents
- Gifts For Kids
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
The Blues Band was formed in 1979 by Ex Manfred Mann members Paul Jones and Tom McGuinness. Slide guitar ace and vocalist Dave Kelly was then recruited, Gary Fletcher filled the bass post and Rob Townsend of Family fame replaced Hughie Flint in 1982 on the drums. They set out originally to play pub gigs of their beloved blues music. 17 or 18 albums later, they are still going strong. If you are expecting a set play list, there isn't one!
This is probably the most spontaneous live music gig you will see this year. Although there is a general order of who's singing lead, as he takes to the mic each group member calls out to the rest of the band whichever song springs to mind - keeping the guys on their toes and the audience in an eager state of anticipation! Their new studio album 'Few Short Lines', released on Repertoire Records, is collecting rave reviews everywhere.
See more info at thebluesband.net
Image © The Blues Band
9 The Blues Band Tour Dates
Track The Blues Band
- You are tracking The Blues Band
- Receive email as soon as new tour dates are announced
- 1,070,387 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- Alerts are free and always will be!
- We never share details with 3rd parties
Filter By Region
Want a different location?
News and Announcements RSS feed
- Friday 14th Nov: The Blues Band announced a new Lincoln date
- Monday 3rd Nov: The Blues Band announced a new Cardiff date
- Thursday 30th Oct: The Blues Band announced a new Stockton-on-Tees date
Fans who like 'The Blues Band' also like:
Do you represent The Blues Band, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page