FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
Also known as the Palace of Westminster, 1000 years ago the Houses Of Parliament were the official residence of the English royal family. The oldest part of the building is Westminster Hall which was completed in 1097 and has held a central role in British history since then. The majority of the original palace was destroyed by fire in 1834 and the magnificent Gothic-Revival building which now stands, majestically, in its place was designed by Sir Charles Barry and completed in 1870.
While the outside of the building is well known, guided tours allow visitors to discover the many treasures within the building, such as the spectacular fixtures and fittings designed by the exquisite craftsmanship of A.W.N. Pugin, including the wonderful throne in the Lords chamber, and a rich collection of works of art.
Image © email@example.com
2 upcoming events at Houses Of Parliament:
Track Houses Of Parliament
- You are tracking Houses Of Parliament
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Houses Of Parliament
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,052,174 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
Venue: Houses Of Parliament
SW1A 0AA 51.499840, -0.124648
→ Charing Cross 11 min walk
→ Waterloo International 11 min walk
→ London Waterloo 11 min walk
→ Westminster 4 min walk
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Houses Of Parliament? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Houses Of Parliament, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page