FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Battle Of Towton, 1461
On 29 March 1461, the largest and bloodiest battle of the Wars of the Roses was fought about 12 miles southwest of York, between the villages of Towton and Saxton.
According to the chroniclers, more than 50,000 soldiers from the Houses of York and Lancaster fought in blizzard conditions on that Palm Sunday 550 years ago.
Join an expert guide to learn more about the arms and armour of the period, discover how the bloodiest battle of the Wars of the Roses unfolded and handle contemporary pieces from the Royal Armouries' collections.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Venue: Royal Armouries
LS10 1LT 53.791874, -1.532249
→ Leeds 13 min walk