FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
Sorry - no tickets available
Call 0844 412 4642 to speak to the Ents24 team
Ents24 have been trusted online since 1999
Ents24 is proud to be…
- The UK's most popular independent ticketing website.
- Trusted by entertainment fans since 1999.
- An easy and safe place to buy tickets for thousands of shows.
A solo exhibition of works by painter, sculptor and performance artist Jannis Kounellis.
Considered a protagonist of Arte Povera, an art movement that emerged in Italy during the 1960s, Kounellis embarked on his artistic career by creating some of the most radical art works of the time. Often combining the inanimate and animate, he boldly incorporated things such as propane torches, plants and animals as integral if not vital parts of his works.
The exhibition at Parasol unit aims to consider Kounellis’s early works from the 1960s, 70s and 80s and his own response to them from today’s standpoint, which often culminates in a more recent and spontaneous work. This juxtaposition of works of art from the different decades should thus engender an arena for discussion. On show will be works, such as Untitled (Carboniera), 1967; Untitled (steel plate and braid),1969, on loan from Centre George Pompidou, Musée national d’art; Metamorphosis, 1984, and Untitled, 1977, an electric train moving on steel plates installed around one of the pillars of the Parasol unit gallery.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
14 Wharf Road
N1 7RW 51.530270, -0.094895
Enquiries: 0207 490 7373
→ Barbican 14 min walk
→ Essex Road 14 min walk
→ Hoxton 16 min walk
→ Old Street 7 min walk